What should you Carry in the Car in Italy?
Items to be carried or kept in the car are:
* the vehicle registration papers
* a driving licence and photographic identity
* insurance certificate
* a red warning triangle (trangolo) to be used in the event of a break down or accident
* a reflective vest to be used in the event of a break-down or accident
* spare spectacles or contact lenses if the driver uses corrective eye-wear (an Italian driving licence states if the holder wears spectacles)
* special documentation for vehicles with 10 or more seats.