Servicing Repairs & Breakdowns in Italy
The ACI can assist in the event of a breakdown.
The ACI is a subscriber service (much like the AA in the UK or AAA in the United States) providing general road assistance to members.
* ACI (Automobile Club d’Italia)
Tel: 803116 (or 116 from an SOS phone)
Tel: 06 491716 for a multi-lingual information service (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Dutch are spoken)
Website (in Italian)
Note: In the event of an emergency, membership can be granted immediately.
It is compulsory to wear a reflective vest and place a reflective triangle behind the car to warn approaching traffic of a breakdown.
While general-service repair centres have teams of specialists able to fix all mechanical and other problems, there are also garages which focus on particular car problems.
The specialists are:
* Autoofficina: handles general problems except bodywork and wheels
* Carrozziere: bodywork specialist repairing scratches and dents
* Gommista: tire and wheel specialists and suppliers of snow tires and wheel balancing
* Elettrauto: all auto electrics including installation of car stereos and alarms