Rent a Car Best Price Tips
Rent a car best price tips on how to find the best car rental deal, understand your rental agreement and avoid problems with your car hire. Not knowing how car hire companies work can cost you a lot of money. Find the cheapest car hire and save yourself time and money.
1. Plan your trip in advance; you can always compare the best prices on rentacarbestprice.com. In most cases it is a lot more expensive to hire at the location, so secure your best price booking at least few weeks before your trip.
2. If you are late and it seems that you miss the scheduled pick up time eg.: your flight has delayed, please advise the supplier about it. Without any notice they might be considering it as a no show and will rent out your car for an other custopmer.
3. Make sure you have all contact detail to your local supplier or rentacarbestprice.com in a case of emergency. Make sure you inform local supplier in a case of any accident. As per Terms and Conditions, you are obliged to contact local police and request accident report in a case of third party damage.
4. Make sure you understood what is included in the rental especially the insurance inclusions or exclusions, fuel policy, and other possible local charges such as airport surcharge, one way fee, and young driver fee…etc.
5. Read carefully your excess responsibility. Every reservation includes basic car rental insurance covering damages to the bodywork. Usually, there is also responsibility in a form of excess for any damages caused by main driver. You will need to check in Terms and Conditions: is it zero excess car rental? What is the amount that will be blocked on your credit card?
6. It is worth considering purchasing full insurance that will waive excess responsibility in a case of any damage to a vehicle caused by the main driver. Rentalcars.com has on offer very competitive rates and packages, which, in most cases, is the cheapest option, or you can read carefully local supplier, you are renting with, insurance packages paying attention to details. In both cases, in an event of damaging a car you will not be responsible for any excess, so the deposit on your credit card will not be at risk.
7. If you are planning a trip outside the country of where your rent a car, you might need to pay a cross border fee, and some suppliers might have a restriction to take the car abroad, so please arrange the cross-border before you get to the location to avoid disappointment
8. Please always check you have all required documents such as passport/ID, driving license, credit card, and rental confirmation, and also check the expiry date!
9. As for the credit card, you also need to make sure it is an embossed credit card, have enough availability to cover the deposit (usually the excess amount plus a tank of fuel), and also check your daily limit on the card and ask for a higher credit limit if necessary
10. When you get to the pickup location it is highly recommended to check the car properly if it has any scratches or damages, and mark it properly on the check in documentation. You can always take some photos about the car.
11. Please check the fuel policy carefully and also the fuel level before leaving the rental station. If you have a full to full fuel option, make sure you fill the car before drop off as refuelling can be very expensive. However if you chose to pre-pay for the fuel, you may want to return the car the least amount of fuel possible.
12. If you want to save some money it might be useful to bring your own GPS navigation or child seat with you as in most cases especially in the USA these extras are rented at a quite high price at the location, sometimes it can be more expensive than buying a new one.
13. Upon drop off, check your car again: is the car in the same condition? If so, it is still recommended to take photos of your car upon drop off, for any claim that might arise in the future! Are there any scratches done by you? If so, it is advised to take photos of any damage NOT shown in the check-in report upon pick up, then raise it with your local supplier. If you have your damage excess insurance, you are covered for any unexpected scratches or dents! Otherwise, local supplier has the right to deduct the amount of the damage from you credit card deposit, providing the damage is caused by the main driver or any additional driver under rental agreement!
14. Needless to mention, any car insurance is not valid in a case of negligence or breaking the terms of the rental agreement. In the event that the renter has behaved recklessly or negligently or driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol you may be liable for the full cost!
Search and book your rental car today